Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do We All Come to This in the End?

You know, I've never gotten in to the whole couponing thing. My time is precious. It counts for something. Up until this point, I've been able to use my cooking skills and frugality to avoid it; I'd rather eat for a month using beans (that I got from Angel Food) and a ham bone (from pigs that we feed, slaughter, and process ourselves) and wash it down with a big ole' glass of 2% (compliments of the US government via the WIC program) than pore over supermarket fliers and manufacturer's websites for an hour or more a day. But with angelgfoodministries closing down this month (oh, the irony--they couldn't make ends meet either), I'm in a tight spot. Monday's purchase at WalletWorld of groceries for two little dinners for my family with a price tag of over 70 dollars was a defining moment.
I believe I'm going to have to become one of those extreme couponers. Bring on the mama-jama notebook that weighs more than Levi.Carla, I'm sure you are chuckling over this post, so go ahead, say it, "I told you so."  And anyone else reading feel free to leave me some tips and advice in comments.  I'm really going to suck at this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment