Sunday, April 22, 2012

Levi Turns One

One year ago today, we drove like mad to Houston to meet our new son. One year ago, I suited up in a NICU and walked around a hospital corner to see him for the first time--not tiny and weak as Cara had been--but rosy round and giving the nurses whatfor. I kept having to pinch myself, because the whole ordeal had a dreamlike quality about it. I remember thinking, "This doesn't happen in real life."
We had a pretty simple celebration. Just family over after church for lunch and cake. I made a Cookie Monster cake and a smash cake for Levi, which he thoroughly enjoyed. His expression seemed to say, "Now, THIS is what I have been waitin' for my whole life!" I love my little man.
We did not hear from his birthmother. I hoped today above all days that she would call.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Smash cakes rocks :-) Best wishes for many more rosy round years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (belated) Levi! Praying for birth mom to have peace on his birthdays. Praying your pregnancy is going well too!

    ReplyDelete