Monday, May 7, 2012

Praying to Pass

Posting from an actual computer, not an IPhone.  My, but this is nice.  I'm up at the master's hearing office, where he is presently using the children as lab rats for one more cram session before Wednesday's state board exam in Austin.  This is the test that he failed one portion of in January.  The one that HE MUST PASS for his salary to go up--to double to be exact.  We NEED his salary to double.   But I thought we needed it in January and the Lord had other ideas.
I'm doing well.  I thought pregnancy would be more difficult this time around ('cause I ain't as young as I used to be), but so far, so good.  Maybe I won't feel the difference until the later stages.  I was so horribly sick with K (and I was only nineteen then!) for the first six months, that any discomfort seems mild by comparison.  I'm not sleeping well at night due to vivid pregnancy dreams--but I've had these with every baby.  And even with making an afternoon nap a priority, by this time of night, I long to creep beneath the covers.  Next week, I see the obgyn for my first really real (in that an MD will finally examine me) doctor's appointment.
I have been spoiled by two incredibly easy, incredibly fast adoptions, for sure.  This whole process seems as though it will take FOREVER.  And why that should bother me, I don't know.  I'm not ready for a baby right now, anyway.  I should say, another baby, because, of course, Levi is still very much a baby. Levi and the new baby will be as close as Marina and Ian in age (19 months), but we didn't bring Marina home until she was 13 months old, so we never experienced two babies in the house.  I'm not sure we can swing two hinnies in diapies--which brings me back to praying that the master passes that test.

1 comment:

  1. Praying Jessy for that exam! And for peaceful sleep! I always tell my kids though that when they visit me in the retirement community to not nag the staff that I sleep too much-instead they should be relieved I am finally catching up from the years of deprivation!

    ReplyDelete