Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Update

He passed!! We are much relieved, and thankful for all of your prayers. We will not get the official paper from the state for another two to three weeks, and so we still wait for the pay increase, but the light is glowing strongly at the end of the tunnel. I went to my first really real doctor's appointment yesterday. Baby's heartbeat is strong, growing right at the expected rate, and after a long string of health related questions, the doctor pronounced that this should be a boring pregnancy. A little boring in my life will be a welcome change. He is going to have a good time with my being a preacher's wife, though, I can tell. He told at least three church/religious jokes during my thirty minute appointment, but at least they were funny. Actually don't know how much longer I will be a preacher's wife. I think it very likely that the master will resign his pulpit soon. The church never fully recovered from the split two year's ago, and he feels unable to move them past that or to ignite in them a vision for moving forward. He's been talking about resigning since January. I've been ardently arguing that he stay, but from now on, I think I will keep my mouth shut, so as not to interfere with what the Lord may be telling him. I don't want to find a new church. I love my church. And our house (which will be payed for next month) sits right across the road from our church. I would like to think that there would not be hard feelings among them, but I've never known that to be the case.

2 comments: