Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday Nine

 
1. Do you ever go to sleep to simply dream?
I don't have that luxury, but I've fallen asleep hoping to dream of a certain place or person.  Maybe to repeat a specific dream.

2. When you’re having trouble staying awake, what are some things you do to make sure you don’t drift off to sleep?
Oh, I'm a singer.  Big time in the car, loud and proud to stay awake.  I will also make up imaginative stories in my head.  I get so interested in the plot of my imagination that I no longer have to worry about falling asleep. 

3. What’s most likely to cause you a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
A newborn baby.  Owning my own business.  A  time of ailment in my sickly lungs.  An argument with a man who believes that the mandate, "Do not let the sun go down on your anger," is a literal one...
Most recently, a promise to my six youngest children to make their Fall Festival costumes...

4. When you’re going through a prolonged period of not enough sleep, what parts of your daily routine are likely to change, and how?
I'm not sure anything changes--except maybe an increase in mid-day naps--but I tend to get a whole heck of a lot grouchier. 

5. In what ways does your personality change when you go through a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
See above.  I'm also not near as smart, and ain't no genius to start out with, so it behooves me to rest up.

6. Who in your life seems regularly to have not enough sleep?
Used to be my Daddy.  Poor man--his job made sleep a difficult thing for most of his career.  I could always tell a difference in his personality depending on which shift he was working.  So glad he is retired now. 
Marina requires more sleep than any person I've ever known.  I know immediately when she hasn't had "enough," and I send her back to bed.

7. When you're sleeping, do your closer friends tend to be male or female? Why do you think that is?
I'm guessing this is in dreams?  I'm mostly alone, or with people I don't recognize, but if I do have a dream with other people I know it is usually friends from my past (mostly all girl friendships) or the master (definitely male)

8. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be?
Without a doubt, I would play the piano really, really well, be able to sight-read, ad-lib, and play by ear, and never get nervous about performing. 

9. In a dream, is your past something that you can go back to?
Yes, I mostly dream about the past.  I'll be at school, or college, hanging out with friends, playing in the band, etc.  But the funny thing is, at some point in the dream, I will think, "Wait a second, where are my kids?" "Whose taking care of the children?"

No comments:

Post a Comment