Monday, October 17, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...October 17, 2011

Outside my window... a first chilly front is making its way across the region

I am thinking...oh, many deep and troubling things, but I am blogging to de-stress, so I won't go in to those.

I am thankful for... a safe return from a weekend trip to my hometown and I'm thankful that though I forgot Cara's meds for the first time in three years, the W*lgreens agreed to release an emergency dose.

I am wearing... blue jeans and aqua-green peasant top

I am remembering trying to remember...what did I do, when the master and I were dating, to "fill his love account?"

I am going...to drive half-way back to hometown tomorrow to rendezvous with parents and retrieve Cara's medicine. Fun, fun.

I am currently reading... Fall in Love to Stay in Love by Willard Harvey (you might have guessed that from the "I am remembering" section), Secure in the Everlasting Arms by Elisabeth Elliot, and Heroes of Nine Eleven (picked it up at kids' book fair this week for me and Ian to share.  Not exactly sure who wrote it).

I am hoping...that $1,300.00 will fall from the sky so that we can finalize Levi's adoption this month.

On my mind...again, this post is meant to diffuse the burdens of my mind.

Noticing that...not two months into this new gig and I am already neglecting my blog.
Pondering these words..."But if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved."

From the kitchen...tried a new R*chel R*y recipe today: Chicken Cord don blue sandwhiches.  They were o.k., I guess.  Kind of reminded me of something the master and I ate in Russia called Piguant Meat.  I may try it next time with a mushroom sauce.

Around the house...Seven sleepy puppies.  Too sleepy to bark.

One of my favorite things...catching up with an old friend.

From my picture journal...
"What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

No comments:

Post a Comment