Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Simple Woman's

FOR TODAY...November 23, 2011

Outside my Mom's window...Six happy children playing in the yard (Abby and Marina are police women, complete with handmade badges and bicycle patrol cars.  Ian and Randy are Indians.  K is practicing his aim with the bow.  Cara is just plain happy).  One happy, happy, birthday celebrating Daddy.  The county lifted its eight month burn ban and half of the property is ablaze.   

I am thinking...about food preparations for tomorrow.

I am thankful for...'tis the season.  I am blessed and highly favored, but I think I am most thankful this year for our little surprise blessing: Levi James.

I am wearing... blue jeans, socks, and a turqois thermal.

I am remembering...this is the house I grew up in, so it is rife with memories.  Just a few minutes ago, peeking out the window watching the girls, I thought about my little sister and I tearing up that same driveway on our bikes.

I am going...to continue cooking a stupendous meal (or at least my half of it) as soon as I post.
I am currently reading...do recipes count?
I am hoping...that my turkey turns out de-lish.

On my mind...cooking, cooking, cooking

Noticing that...My brownies are YUMMY!

Pondering these words... Love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better.--William Shakespeare

From the kitchen...Daddy's birthday brownies, turkey, ham, stuffing and mashed potatoes, leavings from Daddy's birthday breakfast (cinnamon biscuits, bacon, and fried eggs), prepared seasoning mix for roasted turkey, and various asundry.

Around the house...Mama (recuperating from abdominal surgery) is watching HG TV and Levi is asnooze upstairs and pretty much everyone else is enjoying the great--if somewhat smokey--outdoors.

From my picture journal: Going to have to pass on that.  Mom's computer does not have an SD port.

No comments:

Post a Comment