Thursday, December 22, 2011

Disney Recap and Christmas Forecast

Well, we are on the LOOOONG trip home to Texas. Disney was great, but very happy to be headed toward my sweet Levi and all the Christmas traditions. The only problem is we are flat busted broke. Spent right up until the last dime we needed for fuel for the return trip. All of our presents are bought, but it just occurred to me that I didn't buy our groceries for Christmas dinner. Oh, well, give us this day our daily bread. We might be eating deer jerky and cheerio treats for Christmas, but we will all be together.
The master's hip started to cause him pain about a week before our trip. We hoped against hope that it would miraculously recover, but that didn't happen. On the third day of Disney it gave up. He spent the rest of the trip in a wheelchair. I am really worried. His company insurance does not kick in until after the first of the year, but I'm not sure if there is a waiting period after that. Please pray that there is not. I really thought with his amputation three years ago, we were putting fibris displacia behind us for good. At first, I was just angry that it had reared its ugly head again, but as the pain has continued and worsened, I find myself hoping it is only displacia and not something worse. "At what time I am afraid, I will trust in You."
The fireworks and light show at Magic Kingdom was something to see, and the weather throughout our visit was perfect, but otherwise, I would not recommend a Christmas break visit. I have only been twice before, but this was, BY FAR, the most crowded I have ever seen it. If we ever go again, I will simply un-enroll the kids from school and go in late September or the first week of October--or whatever random week a travel agent can tell me is the least busy time of year.
It is my turn to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment