Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Someday soon, I will have real Internet, not just iPhone, and I will add pictures to this post, but for now, I must get this post up before I forget:
*That I had completely blocked an entire pre-Disney shopping trip, and had ample provisions for a traditional Christmas dinner with all the fixin's. I was so happy, but did wonder about my mental state that I should have erased doing this from my mind?
*How Cara giggled each time a gift was brought out for her from under the tree.
*How K was almost in tears when I refused to allow him to spend all of his money on presents for his brothers and sisters. When I saw those tears in my big boy's eyes, I relented and took him up to the thrift store where he bought everyone a gift and only spent $40. Everything was in new condition and he was careful to pick something they would like. His gifts were some of the favorites of the day.
*I want to remember how sad it was to walk into an almost empty sanctuary on Christmas morning. I'm really sorry that more people did not come to Your house to tell you, "Happy Birthday," Lord. Are you sorry, too?
*That even though we had(thanks to cuponing) a huge M*tie C*vendars pie, everyone asked for my humble, homemade pumpkin instead.
*The look of excitement on Abby and Marina's faces when they opened their flat and curling irons. Sigh. I'm afraid they are leaving dollies behind forever.
*Watching Levi happily explore the chaos of the morning--his first Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing those memories! :)

    ReplyDelete