Monday, January 30, 2012

Simple Woman's Day Book


Outside My Window...An especially mild winter rolls on.  For the last two years, we have had snow in February.  Don't think that is going to happen this winter.   

I am thinking...about something I can't blog about...

I am thankful for...the visit with Danee this week.  Whatever happens, we had one more opportunity to set Levi in her lap, take lots of pictures, and stow away a few more memories of her.

I am wearing... Oh, my, you would know that I pulled out the scrub pants for the first time since turning in my daycare keys today, and now I am being caught by the blog in my slovenliness.  Laundry day is tomorrow, and then I shall have some blue jeans to wear. 

I am remembering...what life was like when I ran the daycare.  Not because I am wearing my old uniform, but because I reconciled the daycare books today for taxes.  Filling in those records took me back to the days of shopping, planning, payroll, and purchases of a 50+ center.  Small wonder I was stressed out!  I actually shuddered several times as I made my way down the pages.

I am going...to be spending some quality time in various doctors' offices this week.  Levi and K both have appointments on Wednesday.  Thursday we go to Dallas for the master's hip consult (He is looking at having his hip and knee replaced.  He's going to end up like the bionic man.)   After the appointment, we'd like to go by Texas Children's and get a feel for the office there.  The trips to Houston are really beginning to wear on us.
I am currently reading...The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Sleshinger
I am hoping...that we like the Dallas office.
On my mind...the whole ordeal with the master's state exam.

Noticing that...I lose weight first and foremost in my breast.  The one place I DO NOT need to lose weight!

Pondering these words... "The Old Testament was a testament of prosperity; the New Testament is a testament of adversity." --Charles Spurgeon

From the kitchen...venison tacos have done been cleaned up.

Around the house...Children are finishing up their Bible reading with Dad.  The story of Jacob and his many wives--Abby and K are beet red and asking the master if the can PLEEEEAASE skip this chapter?!!  There is quite a bit in Genesis that is a little awkward for family alter time, ya know.

From my picture journal: Going to have to pass on that. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment